• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winners in the housing downturn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winners in the housing downturn

Must see photo (SFW): http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5155123.ece

Downturns and times of difficulty always bring opportunities - even if only a few people manage to find them, and nerves of steel are required to take them up. One person’s credit crunch, after all, is another’s big break.

Twins Bryony and Kathryn Frost, 24, must be among the few people in Britain who thought it a good idea to set up a property company amid all this doom and gloom. Energetic, immaculately groomed and identical, the pair had been training as middle-distance runners, with hopes of places in the British team for the Beijing and London Olympics, when they were diagnosed with low bone density and advised by their doctors not to continue.

“We decided to put all the passion and energy we had for sport into investing in property,” Bryony says, sitting in the flat in Covent Garden that she and her sister use as an office. “We set up a company in difficult times and we are capitalising on them when everyone else is struggling.”

More: http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5155123.ece

Don't know why you're laughing. It's a more successful business model than SKA.

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

On to far more important things than humouring this no-life egotistical idiot - what booze did you get for your wedding?

PS - I heartily recommend the ignore function.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

You can't beat his point of view of "success". Becoming top poster of CUK and feeding as many squirrels as possible. They certainly haven't managed this. Beat that.
        Last edited by Francko; 3 January 2009, 18:06.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Yep, I'm a winner. The downturn has caused HMG to drastically reduce interest rates and my tracker is now 2% and due to fall again next week........ SMUG

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            On to far more important things than humouring this no-life egotistical idiot - what booze did you get for your wedding?

PS - I heartily recommend the ignore function.
            Ah thanks for asking. A mix of brandy, whisky, rum, gin, wines and beer.
            Hard to estimates the proportions though
            Cost a few grand.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The papers keep talking up property in the property section. same with the evening standard.

I suppose they want to keep the advertisers sweet or are there other reasons?

Comment

Well they appear to have found a market niche and are exploiting it sensibly and profitably. Sounds like good business practice to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They look like female versions of this......

http://sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/spring/troll.jpg

Whatever floats your boat i guess....

Comment

Working...
                  X