• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear : pubs offer meals for 1 €/£

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear : pubs offer meals for 1 €/£

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ub-lunch-deals

Beer 99pence a pint down Wetherspoons. We really are going back to the 70s/80s!!!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I'm sure I remember paying 13p for a pint of cider in Dudley back in 1975.

(and when I started smoking, you could buy 20 Players No 10 for around 18p)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

88 pence was the cheapest I remember about 86/87.

If wetherspoons are doing it for 99 pence then I am benching myself on Monday morning and heading straight down the boozer.

Comment

s

With quid pints and meals these pubs will be great places for the hordes of benched contractors to wile away those long empty days - and save on heating at the same time

PS: Pick one with wi-fi

Comment

£1 pub meals! no wonder you see fewer stray dogs roaming around these days
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I remember beer being around £1 when I was 18 in 1989 (of course I never drank in pubs before that age). So it is just like being 18* again for me.

* I.e. not having any money, being sick to death of where I live, not having any kind of direction in life and looking for an escape. So just like now then.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Why "oh dear" - I think this is fantastic, shame I don't live anywhere nearby!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X