• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And the winner is...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the winner is...

Based on this thread: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-teachers.html

Poll to follow...
    bogeyman who called AtW's big SKA bluff
    68.75%
    AtW who will totally humiliate bogeyman and his unwise supporters
    18.75%
    AndyW who hedged his bets by buying 50% of SKA shares and 50% of Big Issue Inc shares
    12.50%

Do us all a favour. Stop posting.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Do us all a favour. Stop posting.
      For £100 I will stop posting for a year, that's only 30 pence per day (or less). Would you organise a collection for me?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        For £100 I will stop posting for a year, that's only 30 pence per day (or less). Would you organise a collection for me?
        Only if you promise to spend it on a hooker and get some of that virginal frustration out.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Only if you promise to spend it on a hooker and get some of that virginal frustration out.
          Sure, I'll leave the money until I am 90 years old or so: my natural charms will probably get a bit blunt by then, so I might need the money.

Go on then, I called your bluff mate, you now need to organise collection of £100 - this is essentially a bet, so you need to cough up with the money - I promise you that if I break my word and post in 2009 I will return you the money and 50% on top

Comment

Well I read the other thread and I thought AtW won it hands down.

His economic and other views and theories are no more carp than others expressed on this forum and his search engine appears to be progressing quite well considering the scale of the effort required. I’d give it the benefit of the doubt for some years yet, for a project as mammoth as that.

He should never be allowed to own a gun in the UK though…

Nice avatar btw

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Nice avatar btw
              Yes I quite liked it too.

Comment

Well I read the other thread and I thought AtW won it hands down.

His economic and other views and theories are no more carp than others expressed on this forum and his search engine appears to be progressing quite well considering the scale of the effort required. I’d give it the benefit of the doubt for some years yet, for a project as mammoth as that.

He should never be allowed to own a gun in the UK though…

Nice avatar btw

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  IMO economics has no solution and one opinion or theory is as good or carp as the next. Its foundation, money, isn't even a real quantity FFS. Surely this isn't news, considering all the carp we get from 'real' money experts? Unify money with energy I say (inflation would be impossible without violating the laws of physics) - and the units are the same (work done, measured in units of Joules/jewels)

Comment

Unify money with energy I say
                    It won't cover plenty of cases where intellectual efforts are involved, meaning we will go back to the stone age where firewood and some food were top priority. Perfect scenario for backwards countries whose main asset is the oil in the ground dug out using equipment invented in the west.

Comment

Working...
                    X