• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying booze online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying booze online

I was wondering where is good online to buy some slightly non-mainstream drinks, such as various flavours of schnapps and such things.

Anyone know a good place?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I have a contact for a guy in West Wales who makes unusual wines, such as plum, elderberry, mead, etc. He does about 20 flavours.

I don't think he distills though, but a friend has a Polish wife who distils various flavours of brandy. I received a bottle, but found the taste slightly "chemical", although as I wasn't blind or in a coma the next morning I presume it's OK.

I wish I knew someone who grew tobacco.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This will be the place that you want:

http://www.gerrys.uk.com/

I haven't bought from them online so can't vouch for that service. I have only ever bought straight from the shop in Old Compton Street. It is my idea of what heaven is like.

Comment

http://www.drinkon.com/
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

That Pisco from Peru sounds slightly dodgy !!

Comment

You would just be sponsoring a party down at the sorting office.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              This will be the place that you want:

http://www.gerrys.uk.com/

I haven't bought from them online so can't vouch for that service. I have only ever bought straight from the shop in Old Compton Street. It is my idea of what heaven is like.
              The shop itself sounds like a place with real character... kind of the equivalent of a dusty old book shop but for alcohol?

Has anyone used TheDrinkShop.com? Seems fairly reasonable prices from what I remember at Tesco, but a wider selection - plus they sell things like Scampi Fries!!!!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                You would just be sponsoring a party down at the sorting office.
                Quite possibly. But as the say, first time shame on me, second time shame on them as they'll be drinking half wine and half cat's piss (if I can just catch the cat in time).
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X