• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Brown to create 100,000 new jobs"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Brown to create 100,000 new jobs"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7810178.stm

On the advice of the horse he promoted to the cabinet last week.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7810178.stm

On the advice of the horse he promoted to the cabinet last week.
    "New technologies and green projects", ha, after he spent most of his time as chancellor trying to finding new and interesting ways of stamping on such things.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Do you get the feeling that he's just clutching at straws and pretending to help out people ?

He was "one" of the great causes of this financial crisis problem, all that the U.S. and UK governments had to do was to reduce the borrowing and lending limits on the investment banks themselves, the UK had the F.S.A. to do that as a tool.

When is the deadline for the next UK General Election ?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
        Do you get the feeling that he's just clutching at straws and pretending to help out people ?

He was "one" of the great causes of this financial crisis problem, all that the U.S. and UK governments had to do was to reduce the borrowing and lending limits on the investment banks themselves, the UK had the F.S.A. to do that as a tool.

May 2010. But will he go for Feb 2009 for the job loses really start to get going?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

No he wasn't - it was the fault of the global banking system and originated in America - he said so himself on AM this morning.

HTH.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

See.... he's learning but not well enough...

That's the way to go....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...4&refer=europe

"Total employment in Italy has risen by 1.19 million people since Berlusconi came to power, according to Istat. Berlusconi, 69, is pledging 1 million additional jobs if voters re-elect him, though he hasn't said how."

And the pound would skyrocket...
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Legalise prostitution!

Loads of jobs, loads of tax.

Win Win all round!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                No he wasn't - it was the fault of the global banking system and originated in America - he said so himself on AM this morning.

HTH.
                It didn't originate in America it was a green card that both the U.S. president and George W Bush handed out to the global investment banks.

(I hope Ruprect you were being ironic in your post, I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion but this Gordon Brown lark, he's almost playing something along the lines of "The Emperor's New Clothes" but its the British Public who are butt naked in this case not Gordon Brown and he is saying to them "Everything is fine and you all look wonderful and everything is going to be ok".)

Comment

I think he was being ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I think he was being ironic.

I know he was !!

Comment

Working...
                    X