• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

U-turn on the Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-turn on the Rock

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...ng-U-turn.html

After I angrily stated a year ago that cutting the mortgage book in half at the time of a liquidity crisis was the wrong thing to do, our 'clever' authorities, including that economic genius Vince Cable , are now about to INCREASE the ability of Northern Rock to lend.

Better late than never, but further proof that a huge mistake was made by the buffoons in power.

Wot... no responses ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Wot... no responses ?
      No-one gives a tulip. **** off.

Comment

This message is hidden because Cyberman is on your ignore list.

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          **** off. Seriously.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

If it leads to me getting some money back, then bring it on!!
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
              If it leads to me getting some money back, then bring it on!!

An intelligent poster, at last !!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Well said.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well observed Cyberchappie !
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

As said before, I'm all in favour of you getting a bailout, if it means that all my share deals that went south are also underwritten.

Comment

Working...
                    X