• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound bouncing or Euro falling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pound bouncing or Euro falling?

I noticed the pound is back up to €1.06 after being €1.02 last week IIRC, but has fallen back to $1.45. I'm not sure if you need to factor other currencies in to see the big picture, like the Yuan/Yen... is the pound recovering or is it simply the pound continues to drop while the euro drops faster?

www.xe.com
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

interesting to watch - what shocks me is what has happened to the Canadian Dollar - currently around 1.75 to the pound!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

It's going to be very volatile, but I would expect the Euro to be weak as the economic and structural forces start to have an impact on the Euro zone. I reckon the dollar could do reasonably well in the run up to Obama's inauguration on the 20th...and then to fall away as Americans lose their relatively warm and fuzzy feeling, and everyone fully appreciates how screwed the US economy is.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Interest rates will be cut again in the UK very soon. This will cause a further drop in sterling, but as the economy improves and the initial negative reaction to lower rates peters out, the pound will strengthen.

Comment

Before the New Year with Sterling at 98 pence per Euro I predicted that by March Sterling will gain 10-15 per cent- looks like the Pruffock Prediction, once again will be correct.

I Euro = 91 pence

Eat your heart out .

PS Happy New Year !
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 January 2009, 12:38.

Comment

So with "parity" slipping away, does that mean it's no longer a good time to join the euro?

Comment

We Will Never Surrender.

The CUK Deserters will be rounded up and tarred and feathered.

You know who you are.

The curse of Pruffock will be upon you.

Remember the quote from RothsChild

"Give me control of a nations currency then I dont care who writes the Law.'

That is why we say NON to the Euro.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 January 2009, 12:38.

Comment

Gold is starting to drop a bit (in £), so this indicates that it's a bounce for the pound.

Comment

I can't take all this excitement. I'm opening a Groat account.

Comment

Working...
                  X