• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice one David !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one David !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7810932.stm

Help for savers and public spending cuts at last !! Roll on 2010.

I must admit I like these ideas. Probably get shot down in flames though.

Comment

Yes, tax cuts for the rich, they are the ones who need most help, not those unemployed with mortgages and rent to pay.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Yes, tax cuts for the rich, they are the ones who need most help, not those unemployed with mortgages and rent to pay.

No. Tax cuts for all because the country needs it, especially poorer savers such as pensioners. Without tax cuts we will be in recession for ever.

Comment

Surely the unemployed don't pay much tax anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            No. Tax cuts for all because the country needs it, especially poorer savers such as pensioners. Without tax cuts we will be in recession for ever.
            Tax cuts on savings income is not tax cuts for everyone, it's tax cuts for those with money. Of course pensioners are one class of savers who may not be considered wealthy, but those of working age with a net positive balance are doing relatively well compared to those with mortgages.
            Tax cuts for pensioners who actually need it for food and heating is a different story, but helping BMW owners maintain their lifestyle now their stocks have collapsed is a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Surely the unemployed don't pay much tax anyway?
              Ok, good catch

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7810932.stm

Help for savers and public spending cuts at last !! Roll on 2010.
                I still reckon an election next month.

Comment

Tax cuts on savings income is not tax cuts for everyone, it's tax cuts for those with money. Of course pensioners are one class of savers who may not be considered wealthy, but those of working age with a net positive balance are doing relatively well compared to those with mortgages.
                  Tax cuts for pensioners who actually need it for food and heating is a different story, but helping BMW owners maintain their lifestyle now their stocks have collapsed is a waste of money.

The country needs to encourage savers rather constant borrowing. Maintaining lifestyle is about spending, not saving.... doh !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I still reckon an election next month.

Could be, but no way could Labour win it. The best they can hope for is a hung parliament and a Lib/Lab pact.

Comment

Working...
                    X