• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Like 2001 all over again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like 2001 all over again...

http://jobstats.co.uk/

Strewth!

Padinka
    I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

Crikey! Squinting at that graph suggests the trough is deeper than the last time - We're now at a stage where the last dip was distinctly bottoming out, but there don't seem any signs of that now !

(unless perhaps Christmas has masked it this time - each year there's a little downward spike around Christmas)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Get that bench warmed up.

Comment

Jesus, java looks like it's aboout to burst through the X axis.

Currently working on Plan B as I hurtle through the countryside on the train.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Jesus, java looks like it's aboout to burst through the X axis.

Currently working on Plan B as I hurtle through the countryside on the train.
          Wot, being a train driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            That could be quite good fun on the TGV or the Thalys. I think you need quite a lot of training before you're allowed to drive a high speed train though, and of course that involves becoming a permie.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              It's probably a better paid job than programming at the moment
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

http://jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Det...S.d/index.html

I see Contractors are particularly in demand. Not.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Crikey! Squinting at that graph suggests the trough is deeper than the last time - We're now at a stage where the last dip was distinctly bottoming out, but there don't seem any signs of that now !
                  Now let me see......
                  - Banks failing (needing bailouts to survive),
                  - Governments trying to inflate. (%gdp debt is now mindboggling)
                  - Sterling crash (almost 30% in a year)
                  - Huge House price crash underway (almost 20% in a year)

Thats just a few things but you get the idea. What is happening now is NOTHING like last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    That could be quite good fun on the TGV or the Thalys. I think you need quite a lot of training before you're allowed to drive a high speed train though, and of course that involves becoming a permie.
                    A mate of mine is a train driver, he started as a porter at Temple Meads station in Bristol and worked his way up to ticket collector and then driver, they have an in-house training program that’s free to employees, he done all that in about 5 years and now earns about 36k which isn't too bad considering where he started.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X