• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business cards

I was talking to someone a few weeks ago about how they got a first order of business cards free from some online place, but can't remember where. A quick search suggests VistaPrint do this, but also I find a bunch of complaints about them setting up unexpected repeating payments on your card, as well as that their cards aren't great anyway.

I reckon lots of people here must have business cards, do any decent places have free/cheap introductory offers? I reckon I could quite easily make 50 cards last at least a couple of years.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Re. VistaPrint.

I ordered some business cards. A few weeks later several recurring credit card debits appeared for a monthly subscription I never signed up for that is very vague, no company details, no real website.

Turns out it was the VistaPrint scam. Pain in the arse to cancel them.

They are scamming low-life knuts at VistaPrint.

AVOID!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Re. VistaPrint.

I ordered some business cards. A few weeks later several recurring credit card debits appeared for a monthly subscription I never signed up for that is very vague, no company details, no real website.

Turns out it was the VistaPrint scam. Pain in the arse to cancel them.

They are scamming low-life knuts at VistaPrint.

AVOID!
      Interesting how the credit card companies:
      1. insist that you "must have agreed" to the charges.
      2. say that once a recurring debit has been set up, you the cardholder can not cancel it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Interesting how the credit card companies:
        1. insist that you "must have agreed" to the charges.
        2. say that once a recurring debit has been set up, you the cardholder can not cancel it.
        Yes the card companies can do nothing and are not interested.

They say exactly that.

Agreeing can be just visting a website that has already taken your payment details and clicking a link.

Comment

I've never had a problem with vista print - just don't tick the "would you like something for £10 a month" option at the end of the ordering process.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Yes the card companies can do nothing and are not interested.

They say exactly that.

Agreeing can be just visting a website that has already taken your payment details and clicking a link.
            What did you do in the end?

Report the CC lost?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I've never had a problem with vista print - just don't tick the "would you like something for £10 a month" option at the end of the ordering process.
              Yeah, it's that simple. In 24pt text it says. "Clicking this will cost you £10 a month for life, yes or no?"

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                What did you do in the end?

Report the CC lost?
                Doesn't help.

There is no way out. Once in, you are in for life.

Comment

I thought Vista Print was some small time web based operation, apparently not.

VistaPrint is a printing firm that targets its service to small businesses. The firm utilizes its 22 localized Web sites and proprietary software to aggregate similar customer orders in order to achieve scale. Vista's scale advantages allow it to offer high-quality branded products at a lower cost than what most small businesses can obtain from other printing servicers. The firm is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.

Comment

I've used Vistaprint cards before... I've handed them out and it seemed anyone and everyone has the same cards, with the same design. I've had people show me the exact same card from someone else.

In the end I paid someone £25 to make me a custom card and it looks considerably better. The material used is also quality, unlike VP.

Comment

Working...
                    X