• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New shoes needed for Range Rover Sport.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New shoes needed for Range Rover Sport.

Pretty straight forward really. Has anyone got any recommendations on tyres?

Apart from avoiding budget tyres is there any in particular anyone would recommend? Looks like i'll be forking out between £700 - £1200 so would like some advice if anyone has any.

Cheers
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

One for Pistonheads forum I would suspect.

Comment

Good call.

Cheers

Comment

Not sure about the best tyre for a Range Rover, though my preference in general is for either Michelin or Pirelli.

You might however want to check these guys for a good price.
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
          Pretty straight forward really. Has anyone got any recommendations on tyres?

Apart from avoiding budget tyres is there any in particular anyone would recommend? Looks like i'll be forking out between £700 - £1200 so would like some advice if anyone has any.

Cheers
          I've just put "Continental 4x4 Sport Contact" on mine. They were ~£250 quid each. I don't know what size of rims you have, mine are 20" Stormers. The tyres are nice and quiet and very stable at ~130mph.

Make sure you get your tracking done. I didn't the first time and the car ate 460 quids worth of front tyres in 6 weeks.

Remember, Front and Rear tracking!!!

GET IT DONE!

Comment

Once you've decided what tyres you want to buy it's worth checking the online retailers like Blackcircles.com, you can save quite a lot.

Pistonheads will give good advice on tyre choice and suppliers.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I've just put "Continental 4x4 Sport Contact" on mine. They were ~£250 quid each. I don't know what size of rims you have, mine are 20" Stormers. The tyres are nice and quiet and very stable at ~130mph.

Make sure you get your tracking done. I didn't the first time and the car ate 460 quids worth of front tyres in 6 weeks.

Remember, Front and Rear tracking!!!

GET IT DONE!

Yeah 20" Stormers. Thanks, exactely the advice I was looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                Not sure about the best tyre for a Range Rover, though my preference in general is for either Michelin or Pirelli.

You might however want to check these guys for a good price.

Perfect, Thank you, best price so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                  Yeah 20" Stormers. Thanks, exactely the advice I was looking for!
                  I had mine supplied and fitted by "Cambridge Performance Tyres, 53 Clifton Rd Cambridge, CB1 7ED 01223 411441" who test drove the car after tracking and made all the relevant adjustments. The tracking took a couple of hours and cost ~130 quid. I wish I'd taken the car there the first time. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Also, remember to reset the computer in the car to tell it you have new tyres!
                  Last edited by Churchill; 6 January 2009, 11:26.

Comment

Working...
                  X