• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early contender for dork of the year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early contender for dork of the year

"The ex-head of children's services at the council at the centre of the Baby P case is appealing against her sacking."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7812845.stm

This dopey mare really doesn't get it, does she? Anyone with an ounce of integrity would have quietly crawled under a rock...
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    "The ex-head of children's services at the council at the centre of the Baby P case is appealing against her sacking."

This dopey mare really doesn't get it, does she? Anyone with an ounce of integrity would have quietly crawled under a rock...
    If she is going to keep attending the Ascot races in style she will need some cash.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post

The honourable thing when you’ve failed is to apologise and offer to leave quietly, but I have a feeling that falling on one’s sword is a bit out of fashion. Directors who take bonuses while screwing up their businesses and even negotiate their severance pay before starting work, senior police officers who don’t see reason to resign or request transferral after innocent people get shot, prime ministers who take the country to war on the basis of lies but don’t see cause to call an election, other prime ministers who preside over near bankruptcy but don’t see cause to call an election, the list goes on. She’s just following their example.

A little integrity and humility would go a long way to restoring trust in many institutions.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I heard this on the radio and it fair made my blood boil!

does this dopey bint not realise that she was paid a damn good salary for being RESPONSIBLE for the actions of the staff who work under her.

I guess she is just more used to playing the blame game than actually accepting responsibility for the actions of her and her team (I bet she would have had no problems taking the credit for any good work her staff did)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          The honourable thing when you’ve failed is to apologise and offer to leave quietly, but I have a feeling that falling on one’s sword is a bit out of fashion. Directors who take bonuses while screwing up their businesses and even negotiate their severance pay before starting work, senior police officers who don’t see reason to resign or request transferral after innocent people get shot, prime ministers who take the country to war on the basis of lies but don’t see cause to call an election, other prime ministers who preside over near bankruptcy but don’t see cause to call an election, the list goes on. She’s just following their example.

A little integrity and humility would go a long way to restoring trust in many institutions.
          This is the new falling on your sword:

1. Say "I take full responsibility". Add praise for the work of your department.
          2. Do nothing, change nothing, keep taking the money.

She doubtless feels like the aggrieved party since she was not permitted this course of action.

Comment

Working...
          X