• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a bloody week !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a bloody week !!

So I'm offered some new offices from a guy I met in a shady valleys public house. (Well it was an estate agent really, but my opening line sounded better that way)

So do some research and Yes it's a go !

Get in touch with current agents to tell them I want out of the current lease 6months early, Some jumped up toser comes round and starts talking a load of crap. Any we agree on some terms (Lose 3 months bond etc) But I can leave on 26th September. Great !!

4 days ago I got a call from my solicitor who says "Your not going to like this.." "The owner of the lease on the new building is infact not the lease holder at all. He owned the lease 10 years ago under a company called "X" he disolved the company some 5 years ago but never surendered the lease. So the lease automatically goes to the crown. The owners of the building reside in Italy and were unaware of this as he was sub leasing the building to another company and they still had their money every quater"

He explained that this could take about 6 weeks to sort out.

So for the past few days I've been moving the contents of my 1500sq ft offices/shop into my house. The living room and dinning rooms are now offices .

Anyone own a building in South Wales ?

I am soooo gonna get pissed tonight !!
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

threaded -- try to login under your usual nick.

FiddleAbout.

Comment

???

ATW I am not a large Danish bloke - I am infact a large welsh boke.

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
        ???

ATW I am not a large Danish bloke - I am infact a large welsh boke.
        I think your face must have mistaken him for Threaded.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Did someone mention the Welsh ??

Well ....would you ?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
            Did someone mention the Welsh ??

Well ....would you ?
            Don't go there !!

I have had the misfortune of working with her !!

It was when she was 16 - unless she has changed - she was a jumped up little spiolt brat

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Now Katherine Jenkins... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
              Ohhhh yeah.....

Comment

Can't see anything special about Miss Jenkins myself. The wife forced me to her concert a few weeks back and I've got an entire film's worth of shots looking up Katherine's nose.

Lisa Burke, now there's a woman. Intelligent, demure and attractive, lovely

Comment

>Lisa Burke, now there's a woman. Intelligent, demure and attractive, lovely

Yes, it is amazing how the advancing years make dumpy northern slappers look humpable.

Comment

I had no idea who Lisa Burke was so typed it into google images. Which one do you mean? This one's rather nice:

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X