• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debt Free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt Free

When do you consider yourself debt free? when you have paid your mortgage off, or when you have clear all other debts?

I'm moving in to my 2nd year of contracting and i expect all my debts except mortgage to be paid off by mid 09. That is always allowing for a moderate war chest to allow me some play time when needed...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Oi Scooby, why have you got spots on your bollocks?

Comment

Erm when you have cleared off all your debts of course - is a mortgage not a debt? Anyhow, if you can afford the mortgage and can over pay a bit just do that and get on with living your life.

Comment

I don't actually regard the mortgage as a debt (though it is).

I only have the mortgage to repay and a small amount owing to my student loan company which will be paid in a couple of months. I therefore consider myself debt free as I don't have credit cards or higher purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Oi Scooby, why have you got spots on your bollocks?
          Warts my friend! warts. Want some?

Comment

And FFS get those spots on your bollocks seen to!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post

I only have the mortgage to repay and a small amount owing to my student loan which will be paid in a couple of months. I consider myself debt free as I don't have credit cards or higher purchase.
              And does that feel good?? I've paid a lot of this last year following a spot of tulip from years ago, and am now paying the wifes debts. i know it feels good everytime i clear another account!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post

I only have the mortgage to repay and a small amount owing to my student loan company which will be paid in a couple of months. I therefore consider myself debt free as I don't have credit cards or higher purchase.
                Glad to see your University Education is paying dividends...

Comment

And FFS get those spots on your bollocks seen to!
                  Like the new avatar!

Comment

Glad to see your University Education is paying dividends...
                    It's Hire Education: he stopped paying so it was repossessed

Comment

Working...
                    X