• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Osborne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Osborne

He's got to go. No credibility, no ideas, no vision. I've been thinking about this since reading Sir Alan Walter's obit.

Not sure who's best to take his place though.

I read something in the Times today about how he does not even get to speak on the economy now, DC takes care of it.

Still, they believed his job was safe.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Still, they believed his job was safe.
      Because he's an old school chum of Cameron, and if that's seen as the only reason it makes him an electoral liability.

Comment

They need Ken Clarke back to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
          They need Ken Clarke back to be honest
          2 minutes into Darling speaking in the commons Ken Clarke would charge across the chamber and do a Big Daddy on the bawbag.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            2 minutes into Darling speaking in the commons Ken Clarke would charge across the chamber and do a Big Daddy on the bawbag.
            Still remember the spitting image days of Ken Clarke giving speeches in the commons with a giant glass of whiskey, spilling it left and right, those were the days, Spitting Image rawked. Bring it baaaaaack! Can you imagine the michael taking that could be had at present?

Gordon brown with his pants over his trousers, DC smugglign in kryptonite into the commons, The Dark Lord Marakesh Mandy in a Darth vader cloak breating heavily from the galleries watching on with intent!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              He's got to go. No credibility, no ideas, no vision. I've been thinking about this since reading Sir Alan Walter's obit.

Not sure who's best to take his place though.
              Is he better or worse than Let-win?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Still remember the spitting image days of Ken Clarke giving speeches in the commons with a giant glass of whiskey, spilling it left and right, those were the days, Spitting Image rawked. Bring it baaaaaack! Can you imagine the michael taking that could be had at present?

Gordon brown with his pants over his trousers, DC smugglign in kryptonite into the commons, The Dark Lord Marakesh Mandy in a Darth vader cloak breating heavily from the galleries watching on with intent!
                Sadly, I feel lawsuits would be winging their way to the programme makers very quickly. How times change, and not necessarily for the better...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  He's got to go. No credibility, no ideas, no vision.
                  Rather suggests hes exactly where he belongs then surely?

a 2:i in history, and a few months doing data input for the NHS, and little while working in a shop does not a chancellor make.
                  The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

The program makers were self-confessed Labour Luvvies. They packed up when Labour got their act together.

The Labour/Tory roles are more or less reversed now, and so I don't think they'd come back to ridicule Labour.

Comment

Working...
                    X