• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The DailyWTF: fairly relevant today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DailyWTF: fairly relevant today

http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Curi...e,-Malice.aspx

Ring any bells with anyone? They used to really bash on contractors as the cause of all horrible code, nice that this time a contractor is the 'hero'
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

As someone commented, no doubt the coder's productivity was being assessed by the line.

And as the code is nicely structured and spaced out, how can you say it is "horrible" - It would pass the code review with flying colours

Where's that similar British web site on which people post scathing critiques of their co-workers? Some of those rants were hilarious.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      As someone commented, no doubt the coder's productivity was being assessed by the line.

And as the code is nicely structured and spaced out, how can you say it is "horrible" - It would pass the code review with flying colours

Where's that similar British web site on which people post scathing critiques of their co-workers? Some of those rants were hilarious.
      Of course it should have been 22/8=2.75

I am a 1.2 12/10

Comment

I am 30/1.

This line..

A young developer scoffed. “You can’t put post-it notes on data!” Several people around the table exchanged smirks.
        reminds me of a time I worked for a large *cough* law enforcement agency *cough*.

They were struggling with the amount of bugs which were basically stored by email. I told them they should get bugzilla in, they all started laughing, "nice one mate", "ha ha", did not know what they were about. I then realised they all had visions of this big monster coming in and sorting out the bugs, "arrghh, where are the bugs?!?!" nobody had heard of bugzilla.

Comment

Working...
        X