• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do blokes get asked this too?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do blokes get asked this too?

I am genuinely interested to see if men are asked during interviews, if they have children.

I was used to being asked this when I was a permie and applying for consultant roles, but I was asked it again twice yesterday by two different pimps.

So - who else gets asked about it?

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I am genuinely interested to see if men are asked during interviews, if they have children.

I was used to being asked this when I was a permie and applying for consultant roles, but I was asked it again twice yesterday by two different pimps.

I have never been asked.

Comment

never

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

I have never been asked.

Comment

Never been asked.

I suspect they (pimps) are worried that if you have children you are going to be a pain in the arse whenever a child is sick at home.

Comment

Never been asked in 18 years contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Never been asked.

I suspect they (pimps) are worried that if you have children you are going to be a pain in the arse whenever a child is sick at home.
              The missus manages 15 women. She reckons thats only half the problem. The other factor is thats its a cast iron safe way of throwing a sickie, and it counts as carers leave, i.e. if you dont take your full allotment you are a fool

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Nope, never.

Comment

never

Comment

I'm not sure they are "allowed" to ask that anymore ...... not that it stops them!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X