• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much of your remaining time would you give up, if you could die famous?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://forums.contractoruk.com/731460-post21.html

Personally I would give up none whatsoever.

not a sausage

Comment

Not so much as a nanosecond
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I have no desire to be famous, but would sacrifice a couple of years of senility at the end in return for instant riches now.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I would swap half of it, if the other half could be brilliant happiness.

Like all my best memories again, one after the other

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I have no desire to be famous, but would sacrifice a couple of years of senility at the end in return for instant riches now.
            WHS

Comment

:1 The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem:

1:2 "Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher; "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity."

1:3 What does man gain from all his labor and fame in which he labors under the sun?

1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever.

1:5 The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, and hurries to its place where it rises.

1:8 All things are full of weariness beyond uttering. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.

1:9 That which has been is that which shall be; and that which has been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

1:10 Is there a thing of which it may be said, "Behold, this is new?" It has been long ago, in the ages which were before us.

1:11 There is no memory of the former; neither shall there be any memory of the latter that are to come, among those that shall come after.

Comment

None.

I'm not bought in in any way at all to the "celebrity culture" where fame seems to be the prime motivation for people to have self worth.

I despise the people who feel they're important simply because they get invited to the opening of an envelope because they made a fool of themselves on some lousy TV programme.

Comment

What are the benefits of being famous, that you can't have from being rich? I guess appearing on Top Gear or QI would be pretty cool, otherwise I can't see the point.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    What are the benefits of being famous, that you can't have from being rich? I guess appearing on Top Gear or QI would be pretty cool, otherwise I can't see the point.
                    I dont understand it either. I guess it means I will never appear on the X Factor.

Comment

Working...
                    X