• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big decision....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big decision....

I will be a new customer to Sky or Virgin Media.

I have no phone line or broad band can you please give me your honest views and opinions?

Thanks

If you have no phone line then Virgin is probably the best bet. You get the lot included in a price that (when I last checked) was quite competitive vs Sky.

Happy with Virgin so far - no probs. Don't forget to haggle a better deal (more channels, faster broadband etc) when you're talking to the sales ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by Recruitment Agent View Post
      can you please give me your honest views and opinions?

Thanks
      Get another job asap. .
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Virgin is fantastic when everything works. If it goes wrong you're in for months of fruitless phone calls and being passed from department to department, all of whom have big teflon shields.

I've since switched to Sky and have no complaints whatsoever, except for slower broadband.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I want it for mainly downloads.

Some one told me they have a chipped box that conects to the virgin receiver and gets all the extra channels. tempting

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Get another job asap. .
            tell me about it there is nothing out there I wouldnt even know what to do?

First there was double glazing then there was being a recruitment consultant whats next?

Comment

tell me about it there is nothing out there I wouldnt even know what to do?

First there was double glazing then there was being a recruitment consultant whats next?
              Estate agent?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Estate agent?
                thats so 2006-2007 I have been in this game of 6 years now

Comment

I want it for mainly downloads.

Some one told me they have a chipped box that conects to the virgin receiver and gets all the extra channels. tempting
                  How ironic, a recruitment agent advocating theft...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

thats so 2006-2007 I have been in this game of 6 years now
                    Bailiff?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X