• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things one should not have to do in life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things one should not have to do in life

Chance conversation got me thinking : What things should one not have to do in life?

Lady at clientco used to be in same pilates class as me. She smokes so I occasionally bump into her outside. I saw her today for first time in 6 months. I asked if she attended pilates. She replied she gave up as her son died end July last year. Looked like she would burst into tears so I checked subject and left asap (mr considerate : thats me).

Burying one's children does not seem right.

better than leaving them out.

Comment

i'm sorry, that was in trerribly poor taste.
      Last edited by DS23; 7 January 2009, 12:22. Reason: bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbccccccccccccccccs

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I agree..... even nursing/supporting/being there through major illness is high on the list..........

Thankfully I haven't had too - but a mate did..... he would have swapped places/given his right arm etc etc........ but real life doesn't offer those options......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Chance conversation got me thinking : What things should one not have to do in life?

Lady at clientco used to be in same pilates class as me. She smokes so I occasionally bump into her outside. I saw her today for first time in 6 months. I asked if she attended pilates. She replied she gave up as her son died end July last year. Looked like she would burst into tears so I checked subject and left asap (mr considerate : thats me).

Indeed, I think there's a line to that effect in LotR: "No parent should have to bury their child."
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

My cousin who still lives in the UK (a lot of the family have left) had to nurse our granny for the last couple of years of her life. Poor sod had to wipe her arse, wash her, dress and undress her, help her into bed and so on. I felt a bit guilty for not being there to help when I saw him at the funeral.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Indeed, I think there's a line to that effect in LotR: "No parent should have to bury their child."
              "LotR" ??

Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                "LotR" ??

Stargate.
                It's line from King Theoden in "The Two Towers" - can't recall it in Stargate
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Hope I never have to read or watch LotR

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                    Hope I never have to read or watch LotR
                    I had to suffer "return of the king" in the cinema. It has about 6 endings : I got my coat on for the first and then sat there for 45 minutes until credits rolled. Nearly caused a divorce from Mrs BP.......

Comment

Working...
                    X