• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places one should not have to go in life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places one should not have to go in life

Just been invited to a function in Almere, which is NL’s equivalent of Milton Keynes without the excitement. Can you think of any other places that living people should avoid? Slough perhaps?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Skelmersdale
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Swindon, Brum and Roskilde, Denmark.
      Turns you into a Walter Mitty character.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Gibraltar, Yemen and South Georgia should all be on the list.

Comment

Great Yarmouth.

Although you actually have to go a long way out of your way to actually visit so not that much of an issue really.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Barry Island

HTH

Comment

I would rather Milton Keynes (more than 1 gig) than Reading (more than 1gig).......
              I would rather Reading than Watford (1 gig).......
              ..... Watford than Camberley (1 gig albeit a good rate)....

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Great Yarmouth.

Although you actually have to go a long way out of your way to actually visit so not that much of an issue really.
                Yep, I was once cycling in Norfolk and I asked a squinting yokel the way to Great Yarmouth. He said ‘if you be going to Yarmouth, you be better off not starting from here’. It seems it’s a long way from anywhere.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Slough
                  Bognor Regis
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Just been invited to a function in Almere, which is NL’s equivalent of Milton Keynes without the excitement. Can you think of any other places that living people should avoid? Slough perhaps?
                    I quite like Almere. Nothing like Milton Keynes.

Comment

Working...
                    X