• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great predictions of our time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great predictions of our time

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...&storyid=22074

Price falls will moderate to just 1-2 per cent in 2009 and will climb again in 2010 by 2-4 per cent.

Looking further ahead, they forecast that UK house price growth will then surge towards ten per cent by mid-2012 and average around eight per cent a year from 2011-2013.

http://www.housing.org.uk/default.as...ArticleID=1301

28 July 2008

The average house price in England will rise by 25 per cent over the next five years to reach £274,700, despite fears of a housing market crash – according to a new report published today by the National Housing Federation.

The document – researched by independent economists Oxford Economics – forecasts that house prices will fall in 2009, start to recover in 2010, and then rapidly increase from 2011.

The paper, entitled Home Truths 2008, says that house prices will increase by:

5.2 per cent in 2011
    9.2 per cent in 2012, and
    9.3 per cent in 2013 – with the typical price at the end of the period being well above the average in 2007 of £222,600.
    In the short to mid term, it says house prices will:
    Fall by 2.1 per cent in 2009, and
    Increase by 1.3 per cent in 2010.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/24a72544-5...nclick_check=1

House prices expected to slow to near standstill
    By Steve Lodge

Published: August 24 2007 17:41 | Last updated: August 24 2007 17:41

The house price boom of recent years could be set to slow to a near standstill next year even assuming the credit market storm blows over.

Fionnuala Earley, chief economist at Nationwide Building Society, said she expected property values to rise just 2 to 4 per cent in 2008 – “earnings growth or less” – as affordability constraints take hold and expectations for further price rises reduce.

I hope these "experts" are still gainfully employed. Their insight is inspirational.

The prediction is based on the UK not enduring a recession.

...and if my uncle had tits he'd be my aunt.

Comment

Never trust anyone who makes a prediction where they have a vested interest in the outcome.

Like banks share recommendations :-

strong buy=buy
      buy=hold
      hold=sell
      sell=company bankrupt

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

.. but we always have to endure a recession under Labour as history proves !!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

. . . or just an obese uncle?
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

SKA will change the world.

Comment

Working...
            X