• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slippery as hell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slippery as hell

Just took my son in to town to buy a computer game and some USB cables for me. Leaving the car park we drove round the corner and there was a body lying in the road. Some poor old chap on his way home from shopping had come a cropper on the ice road and banged his head quite badly with a large pool of blood under him. As I got out of the car I could see how he slipped, I could hardly stand up!

I gave my son the phone to call for an ambulance but he had a slight problem as its a touchscreen and he couldn't find the keyboard. By the time that was sorted we had a few people round and I grabbed a blanket to fold and put under his head. The ambulance arrived about 5 minutes later and got him into the back.

What got me was I had to then drive off alongside the ambulance which I had to do very slow due to the ice yet there was some old bugger behind the ambulance gesticulating at me to move my arse. I pulled up alongside him and told him to **** off with German hand signals (probably get reported for that!)

All in all a good deed done today, particularly by my son.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What got me was I had to then drive off alongside the ambulance which I had to do very slow due to the ice yet there was some old bugger behind the ambulance gesticulating at me to move my arse. I pulled up alongside him and told him to **** off with German hand signals (probably get reported for that!)
    I can't picture the relative positions of the vehicles here. Why did you have to drive alongside the ambulance?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      All in all a good deed done today, particularly by my son.
      Good on ya
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Well done Darmstadt !!

Comment

did you get his wallet
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            did you get his wallet
            I didn't know darmstadt was an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I can't picture the relative positions of the vehicles here. Why did you have to drive alongside the ambulance?
              Its a rather narrow road with cars parked down one side and the bloke was lying a couple of feet from the curb. I had pulled up behind him (one of the onlookers asked if I had run him over) and the ambulance approached from the other side so I had to pull right over to the snow and ice against the curb. With rear wheel drive and 360bhp, it ain't much fun when the road slippery as hell and you only have a couple of inches either side of you. I was basically on the right side of this monument:

http://flickr.com/photos/froutes/2732938766

facing this church:

http://www.amplus-media.de/gab/?id=3
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Aha, now I understand. You were going in the opposite direction to the ambulance. That's why the old bugger ... yes, alles ist clar.

Comment

I thought the story was going to be that you ran him over because it was so slippery.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I thought the story was going to be that you ran him over because it was so slippery.
                    And with 360 bhp he would have done a fine job of it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X