• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deal or no Deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal or no Deal

Is that Sally Anne?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Is that Sally Anne?
    If it is I hope she gets the £100k. If she just gets the £5 she will be very upset.

Comment

I'd imagine Sally has bigger bingo wings
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You two need to get out more.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I am just home from work. Has to switch on the tv to see what baggy was on about.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I am just home from work. Has to switch on the tv to see what baggy was on about.

unemployed

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              I've just been for a 10k run, I like to catch Deal or no Deal to laugh at the stupid people who think they can control chance with superstition.

Comment

I've just been for a 10k run, I like to catch Deal or no Deal to laugh at the stupid people who think they can control chance with superstition.
                I've never seen it - is it a quiz show or something?
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they vet contestants to make sure they are dumb and entertaining. It's excruciating to watch because of the voodoo strategies people use to pick the boxes. The only strategy worth knowing is when to take the bankers offer. For sure, this is not likely to be at the start of the game because those offers are way less than one could expect to win on average (all the amounts added up divided by the number of boxes).

Comment

Agreed, I've yet to see someone calculate the odds of winning greater than the offer.

Comment

Working...
                    X