• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FIAT about to go bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIAT about to go bust

or at least they will do

Which idiot thought that a 5 year guarantee on a FIAT is a good idea??
    Have they ever owned one?
    Coffee's for closers

evidence please, i only bought summat off them last year eek

any news articles?

Though the Italian government have bailed on numerous occasions
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Someone was on here a few weeks ago saying they were in great shape.

Comment

This is all I could find:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8207901

It doesn't look like they have thrown in the towel yet, just everything else.

Comment

they're doing pretty much the same as most of the other car makers, nowt to worry about YET
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            evidence please, i only bought summat off them last year eek
            Maybe i should have made the joke more obvious...
            I meant they will go bust when they realise that a 5 year guarantee means they have even more repair costs to cover

Anyway, got you all frantically googling
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Maybe i should have made the joke more obvious... I meant they will go bust when they realise that a 5 year guarantee means they have even more repair costs to cover

and you had me worried

if Fiat were having problems then the same would go for Alfa, that would flip me other car

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I meant they will go bust when they realise that a 5 year guarantee means they have even more repair costs to cover

It all went over my head. I'm 37 years old and have just bought my first car (Not a Fiat) I have no idea what it is all about.

Comment

or at least they will do

Which idiot thought that a 5 year guarantee on a FIAT is a good idea??
                  Have they ever owned one?
                  Fiat makes good quality cars now. They have been managed brilliantly in the last two years. Have you seen the latest Fiat Bravo? Well I am very satisfied with the build quality. I find it even better than the Golf.

They are now milking the groovy train of economic downturn like so many other companies so that they can get rid of their less productive people.

And I have never bought a Fiat before because from the 80s to the late 90s yes, they were totally carp and only politics saved the company in those years. But now it's a totally different history. They couldn't survive of protectionism any longer because of the fall of tax duties on foreign car components so they had to turn to actually make good products.

Also try to find out how many car components Fiat make for other car manufacturers, you'd be surprised.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

There will be certain caveats one expects
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X