• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

would you trust indian IT outsourcers ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you trust indian IT outsourcers ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7815031.stm

those IT indians are tulip. personal experience

Originally posted by sappatz View Post

whs = whs << whs;

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz View Post

You mean there is no pleanty cheapness, much quickness?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Never seen a project that went offshore get finished.

It has always been taken back onshore and fixed before going live.

They are mostly useless.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

They are mostly useless.
          For application maintenance or for production support quite some savings could be achieved if managed well. But development no, I have never seen a succesful case either, unless the whole process, including the analysis and management is outsourced in which case perhaps...
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I'd trust them to flip it up
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

They are mostly useless.
              WHS
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

They are mostly useless.
                Agree with this. In my previous role I was working alongside Tech - XXXXXXXX and I tell you it was SCARY! It was all about ass kissing the hiring managers and project managers and getting THEIR people onsite at the expense of the UK contractors. But I had witnessed some dire stuff! Programmers which came from India and once they found out they were tulip - they were just kept there and more were added in the mindset that 2 tulip people are better than one!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  Agree with this. In my previous role I was working alongside Tech - XXXXXXXX and I tell you it was SCARY!
                  I may know who you're referring to, in which case I used to work for them (about 4 years ago) in a UK based business unit.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    I may know who you're referring to, in which case I used to work for them (about 4 years ago) in a UK based business unit.
                    LOL dude - they phoned me up yesterday for a role! I kid you not. Some girl from India with a UK mobile number to call back. THEN - she starts haggling on a rate - so I just simply said it wouldnt interest me told her I wouldnt want to waste her time - then the usual "so how much would you consider!" - anyway long story short she wanted to put me forward for my rate and see what happens. I mean wtf?

Another was funny - team of 5 VMware guys - came in to design a test platform on ESX3 - took them 7 months!! 5 guys 7 months! I was reading the documentation - well guess where it was lifted from.

So how was your time with them?

Comment

Working...
                    X