• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doh ! So obvious now, didn't click at the time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh ! So obvious now, didn't click at the time

It is so obvious now, it just didn't click at the time.

At New Years eve, I took the missus to the local pub and we had a good night. At one point I was in the gents and noticed three torn and empty plastic bags in the sink.

Got back to the table and commented to the missus that 'the snorting boys' were in town, but that , funny enough, I didnt get so much as a whiff of marijuana, (which I would have expected).

Just dawned on me why - the smoking ban.

Has the smoking ban turned some of our weed smoking friends in C-snorting demons ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It is so obvious now, it just didn't click at the time.

At New Years eve, I took the missus to the local pub and we had a good night. At one point I was in the gents and noticed three torn and empty plastic bags in the sink.

Got back to the table and commented to the missus that 'the snorting boys' were in town, but that , funny enough, I didnt get so much as a whiff of marijuana, (which I would have expected).

Just dawned on me why - the smoking ban.

Has the smoking ban turned some of our weed smoking friends in C-snorting demons ?

They rolled them there. Pub should have sprayed with WD40.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      They rolled them there. Pub should have sprayed with WD40.
      Sorry BP, didnt make it clear. The bags had bits of white powder left in them, no sign of weed anywhere
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Supposedly the Dutch are brining in a ban on smoking tobacco in public places as well. With the interesting side effect that you will still be allowed to smoke weed in the coffee shops but not if there is any tobacco in the spliff!
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Sorry BP, didnt make it clear. The bags had bits of white powder left in them, no sign of weed anywhere
          You should have sniffed what was left then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            You should have sniffed what was left then.

blooming heck. would you have ?
            never occurred to me
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Supposedly the Dutch are brining in a ban on smoking tobacco in public places as well. With the interesting side effect that you will still be allowed to smoke weed in the coffee shops but not if there is any tobacco in the spliff!
              Do you know when? Time for a quick trip first?!?!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                The ban cam in over the summer... although a few bars seem to be quite openly flouting it
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

The bans been in place for ages. Some places turn a blind eye, some ask you to smoke on the premises but out side and some give you a tobacco substitute.

The UK has had a huge coke scene for years now, many people just don't see it! I wouldn't mind guessing that about 25% of under 30 year olds would be on it on a night out!
                  l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Working...
                  X