• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How full is the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How full is the bench?

Room for a little one?

Sorry to hear that Brillo
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Oh b*gger!
      Sorry BP
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A big un joining it here !

Just to cheer you up, I've been ringing round my fellow contractors and a few of us are benched and resigned to a decent stay on it. There has been a handful of contracts on Jobserve over the last month or so and all of us have fired off CVs to them regardless of location ( ie, probably wouldn't want them anyway at this early stage in benchdom so haven't chased them up ) and none of us has heard a thing back. All of us 10yr+ in our niche so there must be hundreds of CVs from lesser experienced bods also going in the bin

Comment

Sorry to hear that BP. Time to work on plan B?
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Budge up...

Feb 2nd 2009 for me to start polishing duties.

Was due to be end of 2008 but squeezed another month. Have the rainy day funds for quite a while but I'd prefer to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Room for a little one?
              Damn... I have to lose more weight. Hmph.

Anyway... welcome to the bench. Hope things pick up soon for ya.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                Feb 2nd 2009 for me to start polishing duties.

Was due to be end of 2008 but squeezed another month. Have the rainy day funds for quite a while but I'd prefer to be working.
                Will be nice and shiny for me on the 9th then!

2nd is a way away : plenty can change.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Room for a little one?
                  How little? Would you fit in a cupboard?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I have him in my kitchen cupboard
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X