• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewing people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewing people

I once had the misfortune of interviewing for some support roles back in the y2k days.

I had 5 candidates and 2 roles.

Candidate 1 - comes into the interview room and seemed to be okay - a little geeky - when I asked what he did in his spare time he said "I spend all the spare time I have helping my local church" - Based on that answer he was not successful

Candidate 2 - A very nice young lady - asked her what she was currently doing in her current role. She said excitedly "I change toners / paper in printers" - based on that answer she should not have been offered a job - But she had great breasts which told you the room temperature. So she was offered the job.

Candidate 3 - A really smartly dressed young man - On his CV it says extensive TCP-IP - So the 1st technical question (If you can call it that) was What's a gateway - He was unable to answer the question - Based on that answer he was not successful

Candidate 4 - A blind chap - Seemed to know his stuff But.... Who the bloody hell in HR sends a chap for interview when he can't do the job - Also he had a guide dog, which in a food preparation factory was never going to work.

Candidate 5 - Sharp dresser - Really knew his stuff - When I asked him have you had any dealings with SAP front-end he replied - It's GUI how difficult can it be - Based on that answer he was offered the job.

So the question is have you every employed someone based on their nice breasts ?
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

no - but have you any pictures so we can visulise the scene.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Sad things is... I can't remember her name

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
        Candidate 1 - comes into the interview room and seemed to be okay - a little geeky -
        What do you expect when interviewing techies???

A few years back I was interviewing for an admin role. The client was based on the top floor of a high tower block. I was due to meet a female candidate when a profusely sweating man entered reception. He stated that he was the husband of the female candidate, and that his wife couldn't enter the building as she was afraid of heights - would this affect her chances of securing the job?
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

What was wrong with the churchy geezer? They're similar to the rest of us, only a tad less feckless.

Comment

Probably a nice chap. Daft answer at an interview though.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              Probably a nice chap. Daft answer at an interview though.
              Well its common atheist bigotry to discriminate against any one who professes a faith. That sums up the mindset of those irrational, wicked and deluded atheists.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                Well its common atheist bigotry to discriminate against any one who professes a faith. That sums up the mindset of those irrational, wicked and deluded atheists.
                Think about it Chico...

Put a God loving person in with a team of loud mouthed engineers and you have trouble.

Set the scene

Engineer no1 - Hey guys we bowling tonight ?
                Engineer no2 - Oh yeah, Curry after that ?
                Engineer no3 - Then the lap dancing club !! - Oi Jesus are you up for that ?
                Biblebasher - Oh no. I have to help ring the bells, set-up the jumble sale and bend over for the deacon.

The word "discriminate" does not come into this one. It was for his own safety.

Comment

Now you are trying to justify your bigotry. Please spare me.
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    Now you are trying to justify your bigotry. Please spare me.
                    Who is bigoted?
                    It is you who discriminates against atheists not us against you, I have oft said live and let live!
                    As you ask, I regard all who believe as being deluded and obsessive, incapable of rational thinking. Not in a discriminatory way, but in a compassionate way. I would not have given the guy a job.
                    If at interview somebody told you they were one of Santa's little helpers you would think they were barking. I feel the same way about the religious.

Does the bible not teach you to let others do their own thing?
                    Let he who is without................and all that.

Not much of a Christian are you Chicken!
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X