• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is death an appropriate response for calling someone "Honey Bunny"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is death an appropriate response for calling someone "Honey Bunny"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7817908.stm

'Honey bunny' murderer gets life

A killer who stamped and strangled his girlfriend to death in Edinburgh because she called him "honey bunny" has been jailed for at least 17 years.

Douglas Stockdale attacked girlfriend Alison Mack after she used the term, telling her that only his ex-girlfriend was allowed to call him by that name.

At the High Court in Aberdeen, he was sentenced to life imprisonment and ordered to serve a minimum of 17 years.

Ms Mack, 51, was left to die in a Lochend flat after the 8 March attack.

The 38-year-old was convicted of strangling and stamping on the mother-of-two's head, as well as the attempted murders of three other former partners.

Outside court Ms Mack's father Jimmy, 80, a retired security officer, said justice had not been served

He said the sentence was too short, adding: "He took my daughter's life and his life deserves to be forfeited."

The attack on Ms Mack happened in Jennifer Thomson's Edinburgh flat last year.

Lord Bracadale

Miss Thomson, 53, who was also assaulted by Stockdale that night, found her friend's body under a pile of coats the next morning with a cloth covering her face.

Stockdale protested his innocence from the dock, shouting: "I'm innocent. It's been a stitch up from the start" before his lawyer told him to calm down.

Passing sentence, Lord Bracadale said: "You are found guilty of the murder of Alison Mack and of the attempted murder of Afka Ray, Tracy Grady and Jennifer Thomson.

"You are also found guilty of the assault of Alison Mack and of an assault on Jennifer Thomson.

"Each of these women were vulnerable women with whom you became involved.

"Alison Mack seems to have shown you affection over a short time period and for no apparent reason, other than an appalling loss of temper, you attacked her in a vicious manner.

"You left her dead and dying in the middle of the hallway in Miss Thomson's flat without attempting to get any help for her.

"Each of the attempted murder charges in itself is a very serious life-threatening situation for the women involved."

Lord Bracadale sentenced Stockdale to 10 years in prison for the attempted murders of Ms Ray, Ms Grady and Ms Thomson, together with the assaults on Ms Mack and Ms Thomson.

He also imposed a life sentence for the murder of Ms Mack. Stockdale must serve 17 years before he can be considered for parole.

=============================

Poll to follow.....
    Yes : I would hate no
    33.33%
    No : his nads should be cut off
    22.22%
    andyw calls me Honey Bunny
    44.44%

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    only his ex-girlfriend was allowed to call him by that name
    I guess he wasn't really over her then.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      I guess he wasn't really over her then.
      a total weirdo

Comment

Sounds like he's a real hard case - with women!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Sounds like he's a real hard case - with women!
          If you or CM start calling each other "honey bunny" on tpd and you both get killed dont come running to me! The police investigation would be a total nightmare with so many suspects!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            If you or CM start calling each other "honey bunny" on tpd and you both get killed dont come running to me! The police investigation would be a total nightmare with so many suspects!
            Actually, we're both fans of "Pulp Fiction"...

Comment

Working...
            X