• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dob and nat insurance required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dob and nat insurance required

i've just been asked by a pimp for my date of birth and national insurance number prior to putting me forward for a role.

the role is local council

is this normal

am a tad wary about these things
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    i've just been asked by a pimp for my date of birth and national insurance number prior to putting me forward for a role.

is this normal

Have you asked them why they need it?

Comment

they need to check that i am who i say i am
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

is this normal

Tell them "you show me yours, I'll show you mine"?

Surely they only need this when a contract is offered?
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
          Tell them "you show me yours, I'll show you mine"?

Surely they only need this when a contract is offered?
          my thoughts exactly, it's the first time i've come across this, as the only time i've given dob and nat ins is when i've scored a gig

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I had to do it for a gig with the cops, I was told it was that or nothing, as the agents were not interested in the information, they would not hold the information and I was contracted to them, I reluctantly agreed.

Comment

I've never been asked for this information except for SC purposes and never by an agent. I'd be wary too ..
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

well they've put me forward and i've told them i'm happy to give them the details should they offer me the role.

apparently for an interview at another gig they want me to bring a copy of my passport.

sheesh - proof of right to work or summat

Norrahe's blog

Comment

well they've put me forward and i've told them i'm happy to give them the details should they offer me the role.

apparently for an interview at another gig they want me to bring a copy of my passport.

passport is normally only required when gig offered.
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

A lot of the customer sites I visit require me to bring Photo ID. Sometimes a passport, sometimes my driving licence.

Comment

Working...
                    X