• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US $ Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US $ Rate

I'm off to the US on holiday in 4 weeks. Today I can currently get $1.5 to the £ tourist rate for my dollars. Do I get my currency today or hold on and see what happens in the next 4 weeks - bearing in mind that they'll have a new President by then and he might well have a honeymoon period?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Your guess is as good as mine, but I wouldn't expect it to change too much in 4 weeks as long as the next rate cut isn't more than .5%
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I would expect the Dollar to increase slightly against Sterling in the near term but the Euro will lose much ground to both the Greenback and Sterling as the recession gains momentum in the EU - EU member states do not have the control over its fiscal policy as the UK and USA enjoys so they will be in the recesssionary period for a longer time than the US/UK economies.

But as I mentioned earlier the UK and the USA will be moving out of recession in the 3rd quarter with Europe 6 months to one year behind that - however the pace of recovery will be modest at best.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 January 2009, 15:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I'm off to the US on holiday in 4 weeks. Today I can currently get $1.5 to the £ tourist rate for my dollars. Do I get my currency today or hold on and see what happens in the next 4 weeks - bearing in mind that they'll have a new President by then and he might well have a honeymoon period?
        It's pretty much the same now as what it was when I went at the end of Nov... might aswell get your dollars now. Doubt it will change much!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I anything, expect the dollar to possibly increase marginally in the run up to the 20th Jan, followed by a decline as the warm and fuzzy feeling from Embalmer's inauguration is tempered by the fact that the US is still screwed...
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Try this place for dollars:

http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/contacts.html

Comment

Working...
            X