• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smug thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smug thread

This thread is dedicated to those on a good contract rate with no sign of it being canned, or those on a tracker mortgage with no collar or mortgage fully paid off, or those shagging gorgeous women and buying expensive things to sneer at the less fortunate and brim over with smugness at the failures in life.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    This thread is dedicated to those on a good contract rate with no sign of it being canned, or those on a tracker mortgage with no collar or mortgage fully paid off, or those shagging gorgeous women and buying expensive things to sneer at the less fortunate and brim over with smugness at the failures in life.

Enjoy.

Thanks!

Comment

There but for the grace of god..
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Enjoy.

Cheers DP !

Im all right jack keep your hands of my stash.

Think I'll buy me a football team.

Comment

Is it acceptable to be smug when you've got a fat wad of savings in the bank that become increasingly worthless by the day?

Comment

Nice to have a thread that isnt doom and gloom!!

Let me start it off....

I may not be on an extortionate day rate like some of you guys but my FIANCEE (as of November'08) is a GLAMOUR MODEL (not a household name as yet) and regularily appears in lads mags.

Im organising a posh looking shoot for her (hair/makeup/photographer/posh city apartment/props & clothing) as we speak...

hows that for a plan B

Comment

hehee.... quite smug about the near parity Euro to GBP rate I got a week or so ago. Meant something like 25% pay rise on an already rather nice day rate in the first place.

Far less smug about the piss poor interest it's now receiving.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post

Let me start it off....

I may not be on an extortionate day rate like some of you guys but my FIANCEE (as of November'08) is a GLAMOUR MODEL (not a household name as yet) and regularily appears in lads mags.

Im organising a posh looking shoot for her (hair/makeup/photographer/posh city apartment/props & clothing) as we speak...

hows that for a plan B

Show us a picture or it's fantasy island for you...

Comment

Let me start it off....

hows that for a plan B

How much is a 15 minute quicky?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Let me start it off....

hows that for a plan B

Pimping? It's been done before and can be quite lucrative I believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X