• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jaguar’s UK sales rose by 8.73 per cent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguar’s UK sales rose by 8.73 per cent

Despite what people think about the cars Jaguar’s UK sales rose by 8.73 per cent last year. (unlike Land Rover) Linky

In the gloom and doom of the car industry - is this something positive ?
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Aren't Jag the fleet choice of the Gubberment? All the extra executive public sector quango chiefs added to the payroll probably received a Jag as a company car, may well account for most of that 8.7%

Especially if the headline numbers are low.

8.7% of 100 cars ain't much, whereas 8.7% of 100000 is a tad more!

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Despite what people think about the cars Jaguar’s UK sales rose by 8.73 per cent last year. (unlike Land Rover) Linky
      Makes a change from Land Rover carrying Jaguar.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Despite what people think about the cars ...
        Hang on, I drive a Jag. What do people think of the cars?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Makes a change from Land Rover carrying Jaguar.
          Its not that simple!

Jaguar have a new model, which is very very well received in the XF. They have also launched much hankered after new diesel engines in it recently.

Add that to the fact that they had absolutely awful sales the year before (because the S type which the XF replaced was / is IMHO a bloody terrible car) and pieces start to fit into place.

... if you want to finish the jig saw of why Jag have been making a loss for so many years - then ask yourself who was telling you they were loosing money, and then ask if you trust that source to be impartial?

Incidentally, Volvo were reported as a loss making component of PAG in the reporting period prior to the Blue Oval deciding they wanted to flog them. Suddenly they are very profitable again, and worth $6bn. My arse.

For what its worth, I don't think Land Rover ever made the sort of money attributed to it by Ford - a lot of permies at Land Rover are on Jaguar payroll!

I just don't trust the numbers Ford publish. Full stop.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Hang on, I drive a Jag. What do people think of the cars?
            Which one? I can tell you then!

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
              Which one? I can tell you then!
              XJ Executive (P reg)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Its not that simple!
                I thought it was - the accounts for last year showed Land Rover at a profit of over $1bn, and Jaguar making a loss of $100m - what reason do you have to doubt this? That would be some cooking of the books to disguise a differential of that magnitude.

... if you want to finish the jig saw of why Jag have been making a loss for so many years - then ask yourself who was telling you they were loosing money, and then ask if you trust that source to be impartial?
                For what possible reason would they not be? Particularly with the prospect of due dilligence by any potential purchaser.

For what its worth, I don't think Land Rover ever made the sort of money attributed to it by Ford - a lot of permies at Land Rover are on Jaguar payroll!

I just don't trust the numbers Ford publish. Full stop.
                Not sure why you feel that way - explain it to me tomorrow
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

In the gloom and doom of the car industry - is this something positive ?
                  Bugger! I was hoping to negotiate about 6k off the price of a brand new XF Lux but I guess that news means I'll be lucky to get 3k off now
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Isn't it funny how the BBC don't seem to have reported this?

Yet, they have reported BMW's Mini (thus Cowley, Oxford) related good news here.

Tossers.

Comment

Working...
                    X