• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We need to adopt the Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to adopt the Euro

Screw the politics, think of the work it'll create converting everything from £ to €. Boomed!!
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Screw the politics, think of the work it'll create converting everything from £ to €. Boomed!!
    You're not kidding. I did a project to convert some access databases to accept the euro in 2001 (what a forward thinking organisation that was!).

Moreover, I've just realised I haven't a euro symbol on my keyboard!

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
      You're not kidding. I did a project to convert some access databases to accept the euro in 2001 (what a forward thinking organisation that was!).

Moreover, I've just realised I haven't a euro symbol on my keyboard!
      OK, here's the plan.

The government guarantees loans to businesses to cover the cost of conversion on condition that Indian code/sweat shops aren't used to get it done. All this lovely cash ends up in the hands of IT contractors.

It's a short plan but I like it
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

OK, here's the plan.

The government guarantees loans to businesses to cover the cost of conversion on condition that Indian code/sweat shops aren't used to get it done. All this lovely cash ends up in the hands of IT contractors.

And then.... we outsource the work to the sweat shops.

Genius.

Comment

OK, here's the plan.

The government guarantees loans to businesses to cover the cost of conversion on condition that Indian code/sweat shops are used to get it done. This is called:
          1. improving Britain's trade with strategic partners
          2. aid to a developing country
          3. cost-saving for British business.

All this lovely cash ends up in the hands of Indian IT outsourcing companies, some of whom contribute to Party funds.

Comment

Working...
          X