• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking News! Man-Made Global Warming IS going to make us warmer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News! Man-Made Global Warming IS going to make us warmer!

But not quite "day after tomorrow timescales".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7817684.stm

The duo combined direct observations with projections from 23 global climate models that contributed to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) 2007 global assessment.

They calculate there is greater than 90% probability that by 2100, the average growing-season temperatures in the tropics and subtropics will be higher than any temperatures recorded there to date.

So now it's delayed until 2100?

I'm sure that "hockey stick" graph showed the temp rising in the next few years, not 90+ years.

Can we not speed this process up. My car said -3 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Can we not speed this process up. My car said -3 this morning.
      Mine said -12. What kind of car do you have? Maybe I should buy one.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Volvo.

My guess would be that the difference is due to the fact we are in different countries not that we drive different cars.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Volvo.

My guess would be that the difference is due to the fact we are in different countries not that we drive different cars.
          You bloody spoilsport. Dashed my hopes again.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            ....projections from 23 global climate models
            ....which, when applied over the previous millennia, incorrectly describe the climate as actually witnessed. So those mathematical models are REALLY reliable
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              But not quite "day after tomorrow timescales".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7817684.stm

The duo combined direct observations with projections from 23 global climate models that contributed to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) 2007 global assessment.

They calculate there is greater than 90% probability that by 2100, the average growing-season temperatures in the tropics and subtropics will be higher than any temperatures recorded there to date.

So now it's delayed until 2100?

I'm sure that "hockey stick" graph showed the temp rising in the next few years, not 90+ years.
              So if(when?) they are wrong in 2100 can we sue?

I predict that by 2100 that all the sea will have evaporated......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So if(when?) they are wrong in 2100 can we sue?

I predict that by 2100 that all the sea will have evaporated......

Look at Newtons laws, Einsteins theories, Darwin

not a 'might', 'maybe' , 'possibly' or other caveat amongst them.
                But this load of codswallop.........

In December Al Gore said that there will be no ice in the Arctic in five years. Now he says there 'might' be no ice in the Arctic in five years.

In other words, whatever happens he will have been right all along. These people should be writing horoscopes for the Sun.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  These people should be writing horoscopes for the Sun.

They applied and the Sun told them to four cough, their predictions were too zany!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X