• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the £ was heading towards parity there were lots of gleeful posts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the £ was heading towards parity there were lots of gleeful posts

Now its bounced a bit everyone has gone silent?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Yeah the economics dunces AtW, BlasterBates et. al. don't seem to understand that things go up as well as down.
    Oh and they didn't really understand what a mess Euroland is underneath its rich facade.
    At least here in the UK we're not in denial.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      Oh no, I'm posting gleefully on another board about the Euro going down. I'm an equal opportunities doom merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yeah the economics dunces AtW, BlasterBates et. al. don't seem to understand that things go up as well as down.
        Oh and they didn't really understand what a mess Euroland is underneath its rich facade.
        At least here in the UK we're not in denial.
        WHS. With bells on.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

No Im delighted as I predicted in December that Sterling would gain 10-15 per cent by March - looks like it might even do that by early February.

Personally I found the tone of some of the ''deserters'' comments a wee bit rich - but he who laughs last ...
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 January 2009, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
            I am ashamed to have to say that my Euro payments have already come in to my GBP account, and I am now making payments back into Euros. So, to my surprise, I am profiting again from the rise in the pound.

But I suppose if you are a nice person then nice things happen to you

Comment

I was about to put part of my savings into Euros but decided it was a bad move, glad I held back now.

Comment

Germans failed to sell all their latest issue of bonds, we are likely to fare even worse when its our turn in a couple of months!

Who the hell wants to buy sterlind denominated bonds when they will get bugger all back in return and may lose out on currency exchange.

Likely purchasers are pretty much the Chinese and nobody else! Maybe the swiss, but both their currencies will not lose ground to sterling in the short near to medium term.

Give it until the Budget Report before getting all excited that the pound has strengthened again. Much much worse is still to come

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
                  Germans failed to sell all their latest issue of bonds, we are likely to fare even worse when its our turn in a couple of months!

Who the hell wants to buy sterlind denominated bonds when they will get bugger all back in return and may lose out on currency exchange.

Likely purchasers are pretty much the Chinese and nobody else! Maybe the swiss, but both their currencies will not lose ground to sterling in the short near to medium term.

Give it until the Budget Report before getting all excited that the pound has strengthened again. Much much worse is still to come
                  Are you AtW in disguise ??

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    Oh no, I'm posting gleefully on another board about the Euro going down. I'm an equal opportunities doom merchant.

Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X