• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School Bully

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Bully

How would you lot handle your kid being bullied at school?

I found out last night that some kid is picking on my son at school. Because he is blind he doesn't know who it is but he thinks it's the same kid. It started with this kid calling him names, knocking into him and holding doors closed when my son was trying to get around school. Yesterday he was punched him in the face which is pretty low by anybodies standards. He told his support assitant who said 'There isn't much I can do about it is there' which I don't think is good enough. He says things happen when he is between lessons and making his way around the school - he leaves the lessons a couple of minutes early to avoid the rush and because it takes longer when you can't see. We've written to the school and I have told my son that I'll be down there asap if anything happens again and the school do not do something.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

So your blind kid was punched, and all you've done is "written to the school"...and told your kid "if anything else happens again you'll be down there"???

Words fail me.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I think you need to be in the heads office...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        He told his support assitant who said 'There isn't much I can do about it is there' which I don't think is good enough.
        Absolutely, that's just not good enough. Given that response I would arrange to visit the head of the school for a chat.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

No my kid was punched we have written to the school.... I was stopped from going down there.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tricky one Tony. Sorry to hear that. You could always suggest to the school that they do more. They will presumably mention that they have a No Bullying Policy. Ask for a copy of it and tell them that if the bullying persists without them taking appropriate action, you will be bringing it up in the local/national press.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tony.

I am disgusted at the school's response on this but somehow not surprised given the state of them these days. Teachers don't care because they've been taught to keep distance from any trouble makers.

I would be sorely tempted to go to the school and keep an eye on him inbetween lessons, without letting anyone else know (except the teachers otherwise you'll get arrested for being a paedo!). Hopefully you can catch the culprit red-handed then sort him out.

There's probably a group of kids, that's the way they normally work and egg each other on.

Other plan is to buy your son pepper spray which he can use on the bully as soon as he's attacked. I would love to see that happen.

Comment

If you want to go down the official route:

http://www.bullying.co.uk/parents/governorslea.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Tricky one Tony. Sorry to hear that. You could always suggest to the school that they do more. They will presumably mention that they have a No Bullying Policy. Ask for a copy of it and tell them that if the bullying persists without them taking appropriate action, you will be bringing it up in the local/national press.
                  That is basically the contents of the letter - my wife thinks as he's only just mentioned it that the school need a chance to act. It's made harder because nobody knows who this kid is - my son only knows his voice.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I really don't understand why bullying has to be dealt with via convoluted bulltulip like school governors and LEAs. Your son has been assaulted, and that is against the law. Get the police in( as if they'll do anything) and press charges.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X