• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holding on to your savings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding on to your savings

No interest from banks, not yet time to invest in property or the stock market. It's difficult to know what to do.

I suggest the following

1/3 in Gold
    1/3 in Swiss Francs
    1/3 in Sterling/selected shares
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Thanks
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks. I only have £6.45 in my bank account. what shall I do with that?
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        No interest from banks, not yet time to invest in property or the stock market. It's difficult to know what to do.

I suggest the following

1/3 in Gold
        1/3 in Swiss Francs
        Gold and the dollar are very high, go ahead ! great bit of advice ! Should we save our Easter eggs too ?

Comment

The point is that Labour tinkering is likely to result in massive inflation in the long run so don't keep all your money in sterling.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Thanks. I only have £6.45 in my bank account. what shall I do with that?
            Buy Iceland?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Number9 View Post
              Should we save our Easter eggs too ?
              Yes, chocolate will be expensive later in the year.

Comment

I suggest the following

1/3 in Gold
                1/3 in Swiss Francs
                Seems pretty reasonable tactic to me.

I would be tempted by oil too. Depends on how many years you are planning to hold on to your investments.

Cash in a bank might not appreciate much interest, but it's a very liquid way yo hold your wealth at the moment if you see an opportunity to make money appear at short notice.

Comment

I suggest the following

1/3 in Gold
                  1/3 in Swiss Francs
                  Apparently Merrill Lynch say that clients favour physical gold over ETFs. Things are that bad.

Comment

What about beans? They should be a relatively safe way to hold onto savings, if not necessarily turn a profit. You can even eat them.

Comment

Working...
                    X