• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dumb arsed question about price of a house.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb arsed question about price of a house.

Assuming no major alterations, a house currently on sales for £750K that sold in Feb 2007 for £570K; What would you offer now?

Or would you not even consider buying now at any price? (what about if it was 1p?)
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 9 January 2009, 13:13. Reason: £570 would be AtW territory.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Assuming no major alterations, a house currently on sales for £750K that sold in Feb 2007 for £570; What would you offer now?

Or would you not even consider buying now at any price? (what about if it was 1p?)
    Show me the house.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Assuming no major alterations, a house currently on sales for £750K that sold in Feb 2007 for £570; What would you offer now?

I have been tempted by some auctions and distress sales, but think it's still too early. However cheap now, will be (much?) cheaper in a year.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I Asuume you meant £570k in FEb 2007? I reckon 50% fall in total so £285k will be the lowest point.

Of course if you wont live in house then you need to consider rental income. But on a house of that price should be no issue?

Comment

IF interest payments stay the same I cannot see a massive fall in the next year.

After nearly 2 years of renting I am just about ready to move back into the market and purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            IF interest payments stay the same I cannot see a massive fall in the next year.

After nearly 2 years of renting I am just about ready to move back into the market and purchase.
            Oh Dear! (TM).
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

House prices will fall to 03 values IMHO.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's actually a corking question. My first reaction would be that anyone who buys a house at the moment without needing to is an idiot, but your comment about what is it was 1p got me thinking. Obviously if someone offered me a 500k house for a penny I'd jump at it, so there must be a point where my no becomes a yes.

I'd say as soon as it is more than 30% less than its peak price, I would start twitching. At 40% I'd probably break.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  House prices will fall to 03 values IMHO.
                  What sort of a fall is that from Aug 07?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                    Obviously if someone offered me a 500k house for a penny I'd jump at it, so there must be a point where my no becomes a yes.
                    I bid 2p.

Next bid.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X