• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Hifi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hifi

I'm working from home and my hifi I've had for 14 years has just packed in. Just having a quick search on the internet it struck me that I have no idea of what features I could consider besides the usual radio/CD player combo. I like the idea of DAB radio. What other funky new technology is available nowadays?

God I sound like my mum.

Woofers and tweeters grandad!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

The latest is an orgasmatron hi-fi.
      Also comes with radio and cd.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I am looking to buy a sonos system soon.

Multi room wireless thingy, takes radio and music from your PC.

Comment

Time to invest in some wireless home media kit. AirTunes, Sonos etc. etc.

Comment

My son has a wireless music setup in his bedroom, range is simply adjusted by twiddling a knob untill he can hear in the room he actaully wants to be in...
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              My son has a wireless music setup in his bedroom, range is simply adjusted by twiddling a knob untill he can hear in the room he actaully wants to be in...
              You can't beat old technology.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I am looking to buy a sonos system soon.

Multi room wireless thingy, takes radio and music from your PC.
                I've got one of these, it's great. Good for technophobes too as the controller is no more complicated than using an iPod.

Wide range of internet radio, Pandora, and such like. If you have an iPhone there's an app for controlling the Sonos too, as well as the PC software.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
                  I've got one of these, it's great. Good for technophobes too as the controller is no more complicated than using an iPod.

Wide range of internet radio, Pandora, and such like. If you have an iPhone there's an app for controlling the Sonos too, as well as the PC software.
                  Hey I'm not a technophobe, I've been coding Cobol for 30 years!

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
                    Hey I'm not a technophobe, I've been coding Cobol for 30 years!

It was more Mrs Chug I was referring to!

Most blokes have to "convince" their other halves of the relative merits of the latest spangly electronic purchase. Anyone can use a Sonos, the Mrs thinks it's great.

Comment

Working...
                    X