• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank you for smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for smoking

Anyone seen this movie?

Caught it on Film4 last night.

Great little movie - loved the dry,cynical take on Big Tobacco.

Yep seen it a couple of times. Best bit was when he got covered in nicotine patches!
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

"The great state of Virginia will not apologise for its cheese"

Fantastic film - one of my favourites of modern times.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I liked the bit when the MOD (Merchants of Death) who represented Big Tobacco, the alcohol industry & the firearms industry were arguing about who is the most villified.

Edit: Being repeated on Tuesday for anyone who hasn't seen it. Recommended.
        Last edited by Clippy; 9 January 2009, 16:07.

Comment

It was on one of the Sky movies channels just before Christmas. I leant the DVD to my parents ages ago because I thought it was so good, but no doubt it has remained in the box since then

Might set the V+ to record it, though.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
          X