• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2009 poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 poll

It's the economy stupid.
    Will make the falls in 2008 look like a boom
    35.29%
    Will be bad but won't be as bad as people make out
    35.29%
    Will be flat. Neither boom nor bust.
    23.53%
    Will be much better than 2008. A recovery is underway!
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's the economy stupid.
    I blame ATW and AndyW for all the Economy Woes.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani
      I blame ATW and AndyW for all the Economy Woes.
      You can say that again!

Comment

I go for the second option with the caveat that I take "people" to mean the media, who, let's face it would probably explode in a fit of self-doubt if they had to report some good news.

...actually come to think of it, if some good news came along about the economy, they'd probably ignore it. Example, a 25% cut in interest rates and the pound still makes gains against the dollar and the euro....I find that very interesting, yet it hardly gets a mention.

I think the media has a lot to answer for. But then people shouldn't be so dumb as to believe what they are told either.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          I go for the second option with the caveat that I take "people" to mean the media, who, let's face it would probably explode in a fit of self-doubt if they had to report some good news.

...actually come to think of it, if some good news came along about the economy, they'd probably ignore it. Example, a 25% cut in interest rates and the pound still makes gains against the dollar and the euro....I find that very interesting, yet it hardly gets a mention.

I think the media has a lot to answer for. But then people shouldn't be so dumb as to believe what they are told either.
          You can say that again!
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Working...
          X