• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Upmystreet... house prices.. SMUG POST

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upmystreet... house prices.. SMUG POST

Just got an email from Upmystreet that shows a similar detached house .12 mile from mine sold for 345,000 pounds in October !! So, no sign of a massive crash in my area !!

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Just got an email from Upmystreet that shows a similar detached house .12 mile from mine sold for 345,000 pounds in October !! So, no sign of a massive crash in my area !!
    What would it have sold for in January 08 ?
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Yes, some people believe the yanks didnt land on the moon as well!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        What would it have sold for in January 08 ?

According to the Land Registry, prices in Berkshire have fallen on average by just under 10%. If you add that 10% you get 345,000 + 34,500 = 379,500, which sounds expensive for 2008 or even 2007 prices.

Comment

According to the Land Registry, prices in Berkshire have fallen on average by just under 10%. If you add that 10% you get 345,000 + 34,500 = 379,500, which sounds expensive for 2008 or even 2007 prices.

Actually, my maths is a bit out cos if you reduce 379,500 by 10% you get 379,000 - 37,900 = 341,100 , but hopefully you get my drift.

Comment

Actually, my maths is a bit out cos if you reduce 379,500 by 10% you get 379,000 - 37,900 = 341,100 , but hopefully you get my drift.
            Should you have multiplied 345,000 by 100/90?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Should you have multiplied 345,000 by 100/90?

Indeed, and that gives an even higher price of 383,333 which does seem rather unrealistic even for 2007 prices !!

Comment

How does the value of your house look on here??

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  How does the value of your house look on here??

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/

298,000 . Their software though gives a different price for every property in the same road even though many of the properties are the same spec. There is another house of the same spec as mine for which it gives a 334,000 valuation.

Comment

According to the Land Registry, prices in Berkshire have fallen on average by just under 10% until now.
                    You have an economics degree and yet you did not learn that the money that your house is worth is only real money when you actually sell it and pocket the money?

Here we go, another millionaire like Dim Prawn... well, good luck but for now you are just a home owner (like most of us - assuming you have no mortgage - like most of us again - otherwise you are not even a home-owner but just a bank debtor).
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X