• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets hope the Police crack a few skulls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hope the Police crack a few skulls

Anyone going?
    Britain's biggest pro-Palestine demonstration is set to take place as fighting continues in Gaza Organisers predict more than 100,000 people will join a massive march through central London in protest at Israel's attacks on the Gaza Strip.

Celebrities including musician Brian Eno and film star Juliet Stevenson are expected to join in the procession from Hyde Park to the Israeli embassy in Kensington.

The march will include rallies at the start and end addressed by speakers including Eno, Stevenson, former London mayor Ken Livingstone and Cherie Blair's half-sister Lauren Booth.

Organisers - including Stop the War Coalition, the British Muslim Initiative wtf is this?
    and the Palestine Solidarity Campaign fookin splitters- said they hoped there would be no repeat of the ugly clashes with police that marred a demonstration in London last Saturday.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

What makes me laugh is that Israel is just supposed to sit back and be rocketed by Hamas. These people should be protesting to stop Hamas, and then Israel will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      What makes me laugh is that Israel is just supposed to sit back and be rocketed by Hamas. These people should be protesting to stop Hamas, and then Israel will follow.

Dont think they do expect israel to just sit back. I do think they expect to see some restraint from israel though instead of the mass murder of civilians well in excess of the casualties israel had suffered.

Its difficult to quantify a 'measured response' in these situations but even israel's allies in the world community suggest they are overstepping the mark with Gazza.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I must have missed their demonstrations against the rockets and suicide bombers sent to Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Dont think they do expect israel to just sit back. I do think they expect to see some restraint from israel though instead of the mass murder of civilians well in excess of the casualties israel had suffered.

Its difficult to quantify a 'measured response' in these situations but even israel's allies in the world community suggest they are overstepping the mark with Gazza.
          I wonder what firing rockets indescriminately into israel was a measured response to?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

It is very unpleasant to see civilian deaths, especially children, but it was Hamas that refused to extend the peace deal. Hamas also deliberately surround themselves with children to maximise worldwide opinion against Israel when some are killed.
            Personally, I think Israel have little choice but to wipe out the Hamas vermin.

Comment

but it was Hamas that refused to extend the peace deal.
              Israel broke the ceasefire first by destroying tunnels being used to smuggle arms. They also maintained a blockade of Gaza to "enforce" the ceasefire.

Okay so you can say they were justified in stopping Hamas from shipping in weapons, but equally for Hamas to accept the ceasefire would have meant accepting Israeli domination.

Unfortunately it seems people who can see that both sides have a point seem to be in short supply.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Israel broke the ceasefire first by destroying tunnels being used to smuggle arms. They also maintained a blockade of Gaza to "enforce" the ceasefire.

Okay so you can say they were justified in stopping Hamas from shipping in weapons, but equally for Hamas to accept the ceasefire would have meant accepting Israeli domination.

Unfortunately it seems people who can see that both sides have a point seem to be in short supply.

Surely, the stopping the smuggling of arms and 'enforcing' a ceasefire is desirable, bearing in mind that Hamas want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
                To now complain because Israel retaliate after Hamas rocket Israel throughout the 'ceasefire' seems slightly unfair on Israel to me.

Comment

This throwing of shoes is just getting silly now.

And the last one they had in Edinburgh left a right mess, there are still flyers and signs in Charlotte Square gardens.

Comment

Surely, the stopping the smuggling of arms and 'enforcing' a ceasefire is desirable, bearing in mind that Hamas want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
                    Yes, but it shouldn't be Israel doing it, and they shouldn't be stopping other goods from getting in and out. Israel may not have been firing shots, but it's not really a ceasefire if you surround your enemy and cut them off from the outside world by force. Hamas could never have accepted that situation, and Israel knew it. In short, Israel was just as guilty of provoking a response as Hamas was with its rockets.

The best hope for a solution to all this is if conditions improve enough in Gaza and the rest of Palastine that they stop seeing Israel as the cause of all their problems. Economic blockades and occasional invasions are no way to acheive that. Unfortunately Israel seem to only ever fight fire with petrol.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X