• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro millions lottery win!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro millions lottery win!

Whooooooooooooooooooooo - hoooooooooooooo! Bought a ticket 10 minutes before it closed and been notified of important news by the lottery.

Yep, they've credited my account with the winnings!

All £16.80 of it!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

That's brill, I only ever get £10 or £7.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      That's brill, I only ever get £10 or £7.
      Same here! You kind of close your eyes as the page is loading thinking "big win big win!" and its a bloody £7.80 lol

Do they still email you I wonder if you hit the big one

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        Same here! You kind of close your eyes as the page is loading thinking "big win big win!" and its a bloody £7.80 lol

They never used to send out e-mails, so you can imagine what I was thinking a few weeks back when I got an e-mail to say that they had some "exciting news" about my ticket - having never received any e-mails for £10 wins before.

I also wondered what they do for the big winners. Do they call you straight away, send you a custom e-mail, or just the same "exciting news" one.

Comment

Was my thoughts exactly. Oh well, it'll keep me in speckled hen for a day or so!

Comment

You would get a phone call on Monday Morning asking you to come in with your Passport and / or some other forms of identification. I don't think email would be warranted if you hit the big one.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              You would get a phone call on Monday Morning asking you to come in with your Passport and / or some other forms of identification. I don't think email would be warranted if you hit the big one.
              Hmm I think they are automated but damn that would be a nice phone call! tulip! Imagine - Monday morning - 9am - as your about to get off the train, or motorway to go to your place of work..................."Hello Mr Smith - This is So and So calling from The National Lottery, Camelot - We are please to tell you...."

Lol - than you stop and think - Get out of it! Its your mate on a windup! Until you check the ticket...................so what do you do then once youve arrived at the car park or station next to work?

- Go into work smug and tell them you quit

- Go into work and just be smug and get yourself fired

- Turn right around and go home

- Go in to work and tell everyone you have won the jackpot and good bye!

Personally - Id probably turn around and go home.

Comment

I'd be miffed off and bored at home with the mrs all the time, so wouldnt give up work for a while!!
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                  I'd be miffed off and bored at home with the mrs all the time, so wouldnt give up work for a while!!
                  Sorry, I thought you said you'd be up the missus' muff til I re read it.

Comment

I once truly believed we'd won the lottery jackpot, for a few moments. I was only a kid and was checking the numbers for my Parents' ticket. I diligently wrote down the numbers as they were announced, then when they did a recap I watched in stunned amazement as every number in front of me was read out. It was only when I realsied we had all 6 numbers AND the bonus ball that I twigged.

True story.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X