• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Code Monkeys' V 'Systems Monkeys'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Code Monkeys' V 'Systems Monkeys'

Who are in the greater demand?

With all the software development going to India I'd say it's the 'Systems Monkeys' that are in greater demand. There is only so much you can do remotely.

Originally posted by TheRealHHH

With all the software development going to India I'd say it's the 'Systems Monkeys' that are in greater demand. There is only so much you can do remotely.
    I'm a systems monkey - and get calls from pimps almost daily!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Get architect in your title and your laughing
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I am coding systems - I have also systemized code. Which catiegory do I fit in?

Rebecca in "Indian Passport Application!?" mode
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealHHH

Our company sends a lot of the code monkey stuff to India . The tricky stuff we do in-house.
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

'Code Monkeys' always seem to have a personal hygiene problem. Why is that?

Comment

Talking of Monkeys, anyone seen Arkwright?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                I'm a systems monkey - and get calls from pimps almost daily!

Yeh.. lots of calls all for 5p an hour !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                  I am coding systems - I have also systemized code. Which catiegory do I fit in?

I think you can be easily replaced with Eileen.

http://www.newtechusa.com/ppi/talent.asp

How about Chino? Is he a relative of Chico? Has he pestered the others with the Alpha courses already?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    I thought you had one already Becks, or is this a last minute I'm an antipodean in Guantanamo Bay 'get me out of here'...

Comment

Working...
                    X