• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon is a Moron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon is a Moron

Anyone read this book?

I'm about half-way through it. I thought it would be amusing to read about Gordon's mistakes since 1997 and the unintended bad consequences.

Instead I'm finding it depressing. The damage that he has done is everywhere, is not easy to reverse, and I suspect much of it can never be.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Anyone read this book?

I'm about half-way through it. I thought it would be amusing to read about Gordon's mistakes since 1997 and the unintended bad consequences.

Instead I'm finding it depressing. The damage that he has done is everywhere, is not easy to reverse, and I suspect much of it can never be.
    We eventually recovered from the Labour mistakes of the 70s : but took a few years. We need a decent leader though.

Comment

Tom Bower's biog is pretty damning too - cracking read
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Gordon Brown is a moron?
        Next you'll be telling us the Pope is a Catholic and that bears crap in the woods.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Gordon Brown is a moron?
          Next you'll be telling us the Pope is a Catholic and that bears crap in the woods.
          It's the name of the book.

Comment

guru knows this of course.

Comment

Working...
            X