• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another abbey cock up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another abbey cock up?

Just tried to make a payment via my abbey personal on line bank account but when I entered my security details to log on, another abbey screen displayed asking for the card details, expiry date, security number and atm pin!

Stuff that, Im not entering my pin for anyone. So, I cant now access my private money after being frigged about over the company account.

Anyone know if they've changed security for personal on line banking too?

BTW, didnt access the web page via a mail, used my Favs url as I always do.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Just tried to make a payment via my abbey personal on line bank account but when I entered my security details to log on, another abbey screen displayed asking for the card details, expiry date, security number and atm pin!

Stuff that, Im not entering my pin for anyone. So, I cant now access my private money after being frigged about over the company account.

If there's a phone number, I would give them a call and have an adult conversation with them. That is outrageous.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It seems it's not the real Abbey site.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
        If there's a phone number, I would give them a call and have an adult conversation with them. That is outrageous.
        I tried to at just before 9 when their lines close. After being told I was in a queue for 30 mins I'd had enough and will try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          It seems it's not the real Abbey site.
          What do you mean?

Comment

What do you mean?
            Doesnt sound right to me either, a bank would never ask for your ATM pin!

Comment

Sounds like some nasty has replaced the abbey url in your favs with some dodgy russion maffia version.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

George Agdgdwngo is now shifting all your monies. Does the https cert check out?

Comment

As far as I can tell, yes it does.

Comment

Ok call Abbey, speak to their security department, if you've entered your details and been asked for all those other details you've either compromised your account details on a phishing site or Abbey have set up an unbelievably stupid site security. I'm more inclined to believe that you've been compromised and you need to get your details changed PDQ despite Abbey having a recent history of astounding stupidity.

I'd also do a deep scan of your machine for Trojans, Spyware, Hijackers, Virii, Rootkits and take a long look at your Hosts file as the details you were asked to enter are classic phishing info and you already gave them your logon ID, password and security questions answer.
                    Favorite urls are easy to hijack, look to your PC security, either way you NEED to speak to Abbey's security department urgently.

Comment

Working...
                    X