• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

share dealing service recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

share dealing service recommendations

Looking to indulge into some share trading, mainly long term, can anyone recommend a good share dealing service.

Few trades a year - no minimum trades a year
    Want to trade online and over the phone
    Ideally international markets, though this is not essential
    Good customer service.

Thanks
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

I've used Barclays for several year. They are probably not the cheapest (usually about 12 quid a trade) but the service has always been pretty good.

I think if you trade so many times the dealing charge drops to £6.95.

Comment

Interactive Investor I think still have a v cheap sharedealing service £1.50 trading on a weekly / month batch basis. It might suit if you are a LTBH investor and / or drip feeding small regular amounts.
      Last edited by moorfield; 12 January 2009, 10:26.

Comment

thanks, no one deals in shares?

Comment

So you want to lose some money, eh ? Shares are a really good way of achieving it in the current climate.

Hargreaves Lansdowne are regarded as one of the better companies to use, as I do. Consider the annual fees also. H/L are one of the cheapest IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            So you want to lose some money, eh ? Shares are a really good way of achieving it in the current climate.

Hargreaves Lansdowne are regarded as one of the better companies to use, as I do. Consider the annual fees also. H/L are one of the cheapest IMO.
            Shares dont look good for 2009. certainly not the early part. But they will come back. eventually.

Comment

im willing to be shot down if people think im wrong, the investments i will be making will be long term, the money is money i can live without at the moment and happy to have it sitting as an asset, the shares im looking at like most are at a low, all i need to do is keep an eye on them and sell if the begin to drop further..

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
                im willing to be shot down if people think im wrong, the investments i will be making will be long term, the money is money i can live without at the moment and happy to have it sitting as an asset, the shares im looking at like most are at a low, all i need to do is keep an eye on them and sell if the begin to drop further..
                I don't buy many shares myself. I use Hargreaves Lansdown myself... but there again I do have a SIPP with them. You may want to consider putting your money into investment funds rather than shares at the moment unless you plan to put the money into defensive stocks. HTH.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                X